What causes throbbing sensation in the upper abdomen?

I have terrible throbbing in upper gastric portion of stomach. If you move your finger down your esophagus to the soft spot iswhere it is. It throbs so bad every night I feel like I will explode then it cuts down. I get nauseated and light headed. I can t stand it and sometimesI cry. I m 72 yeaars old. I feel so sick at night.
Fri, 15 Mar 2019

At the age of 72 with throbbing pain in the upper abdomen may be due to acidity mostly. Acidity may cause bloating in the abdomen due to a collection of gas in the stomach.

It leads to headache and nauseous feeling. So try to avoid heavy food. Don't sleep immediately after lunch or dinner.

Do 30 min walking everyday. You can take antacids or tablet Omeprazole on empty stomach for a better outcome.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Nirav Nimavat, General & Family Physician