• question-icon

What causes throat irritation?

FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW I HAVE HAD THIS WEIRD IRRITATING FEELING IN MY THROAT/NECK AREA. LEFT SIDE. I WOULDNT SAY ITS PAINFUL BUT I CAN DEFINITELY FEEL THAT SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT, I SMOKED FOR 15 YEARS, AND I AM WORRIED ABOUT CANCER. I ALSO HAD A WHITE PATCH INSIDE MY MOUTH BUT THE DOCTOR SAID HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT IT WAS FROM, AND SAID THAT CANCER IS MORE LIKE AN OPEN SORE, AND THE PATCH IN MY MOUTH WAS NOT LIKE THAT. ARE TUMORS PAINFUL IF YOU HAVE THEM IN THE NECK. ALSO SOMETIMES I GET HEADACHES AND BACK PAIN. MY TOENAILS ALSO HAVE BECOME THICK AND KIND OF YELLOW.
Thu, 28 Sep 2017
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Cancerous growth is usually painless in the early stage. In later stage due to compression effects, it can be painful.
In my opinion, you should consult ENT doctor and get done endoscopic examination of throat and ultrasound of throat.
If both these are normal then no need to worry for throat cancer.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.