What causes swollen ear?

Ive gauges my ears before, I blew out at a 00 so I downgauged to a 18, I ve started gauging again, with no problems untill my last size, from a 2 to a 0. My ear started hurting pretty bad, and became swollen, I just took out y gauge after 3 days and there was mucus like substance on it and blood, I can t tell if I tore or blew my ear out more, because of the tissue damage from last time.
Fri, 16 Nov 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..

From your explanation it looks like the gauged portion of the ear is infected and the mucous can be pus that can be secondary to infection..

I would suggest you to remove the gauge from the ear and clean it with antiseptic solution..

Along with it you can apply antiseptic ointment over it..

In case if there is no improvement consult an Emergency room and get yourself checked and if needed a course of antibiotics can be advised to resolve the infection..

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Honey Arora,
Dentist