What causes swollen and numb area on pubic?

I have a swollen area on the right side of my groin, above and to the right of my genitals. It is lightly swollen and occasionally there is a slight twinge. No Pain. Last night I noticed that just the area that is swollen has become numb. Any ideas?
Tue, 17 Mar 2015
Cardiologist 's  Response

Swollen area near the pubis can be because of many reasons like inflammation, trauma, pulled muscle or hernia etc. This might need a physical examination for proper treatment. It’s recommended for you to consult your family physician personally for a proper evaluation and treatment.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist