What causes swelling and itching on the tongue?

HI - I am having an allergic reaction to something I ate so I went online last night because my tongue was swelling and my mouth was very itchy. The online Dr. prescribed prednisone for 5 days. When I picked up the prescription today it says 2 tablets every day I think he said to take one in the am and one in the pm but I was really tired and don t fully remember. Does that make sense or would it make sense to take 2 at once?
Wed, 21 Feb 2018
Hello
Welcome to HealthCare Magic
I have worked through your attached query in detail and can certainly understand your concern.

For allergic reactions, oral steroid medications are usually indicated. It's always a safe practice to prescribe steroids in divided doses in a day to minimise the side effects. Hence it's advisable to take the pill twice a day, twelfth hourly as prescribed by your physician.

Please check with your physician if he/she shares my view and if can prescribe these medications/tests/opinion to you.

Hope I have answered all your questions.
Post your further queries if any
Thank you