What causes swelling and discoloration in the lower legs while suffering from cancer?

Yes, my mother recently came home from the hospital. She is fighting a return of her cancer and she was outside working in her garden. Her eyes got red and her face swelled up turned dark and started peeling. She had to go in the hospital. The doctor said it was a side affect from the medication she was on that caused her face to swell because she was in the sun. Once she came home from the hospital, her lower legs and feet started to swell. They are a dark bluish color. I believe that the blood is not circulating back up. The nurse wrapped her legs. Do you know what could be the cause of this?
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The cancer patients may have a lot of complication due to the disease.
If the legs are like you had prescribed then she may need ECHO Doppler.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.