What causes swelling above the chest after a spinal fracture?

I had a fall, where I fell head first. I went to the ER and they done a exray and Dr said that I had a fracture to my spine. Gave two shots. Sent me home since then I have had swelling in the upper chest area and experiencing a lot of severe pain.
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Can be due to a soft tissue swelling in response to the injury. This usually subsides with rest.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.