What causes stomachache and diarrhea?

hI I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING STOMACH PAINS FOR THE LAST FIVE DAYS AND SOMETIMES FEELING SICK WITH IT. aFTER THE PAIN I have to go to the toilet where my stool is quite runny and go a few times before it settles down. I have had colon cancer about 15 years ago and no recurrence. I try not to eat much but when I do it plays up. I have no energy in me and want to do nothing. when I started the problem I felt as though I was going through the bowel motions I was having after taking the drink for a colonoscopy. my email address is
Fri, 12 May 2017
Hi
Thanks for posting your query on HCM
I have read and understood your concern
Stomach ache and diarrhea may be caused by many medical conditions.Some possible causes may include:
-Digestive viral infection
-Bateria infestion
-Parasitic infection
-Food poinsoning
-And others
I will suggest you see the Doctor foe examination and tests.Tests that may help to identify the cause of your symptoms may include: full blood count, stool exam/culture.In the meantime, i will advise you try the following:
*Take oral rehydration salt to replenish fluid and ions losses
*An anti-spamodic pain drug like spasfon
*If diarrhea too frequent, you take an anti-diarrhea like imodium
Your Doctor will take care of the rest if any germ identified to be causing your symptoms.
Hope this will help.You may write back if more concerns
Wish you a speedy recovery

Dr Mbuomboh