What causes soreness and discharge from the nipples

I am 35 and experiencing sore protruding nipples that leak liquid when I squeeze. I took a pregnancy test on Friday and it was negative. I am also tired, moody and bloated could i be pregnant and it s just too early to tell? My last pregnancy (first ) symptom was leaking breasts as well.
Mon, 30 Apr 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You need to get this checked by your family physician or general physician. You have not mentioned the kind of liquid oozing out, whether it is clear, pus-like or thick.

Also, have you felt any lump in your breast? It is important to learn the technique of self-examination of breasts. Your doctor will be able to help you with this.

Apart from pregnancy, oozing may also be a sign of infection or underlying pathology or lump etcetera.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shilpi Kulshreshtha