• question-icon

What causes severe nausea, dizziness and unilateral numbness in the face and arm?

Approx 1 month ago I developed severe nausea and dizziness. Also, numbness in Right arm and Right face. They did several blood tests and a CT of my head. All which were OK. They gave me IV Benadryl and Meclizine. I did make the symptoms go away except for the face and arm numbness. They explained it as a migraine without the pain. The odd part about it is since that day I have constant headaches that I have as soon as I open my eyes in the am. Also, I still have the numbness in face and arm. I do not like running to doctor if it will eventually get better.
Mon, 10 Sep 2018

A month is a long time to experience these symptoms. Though they may eventually go away, it would be best to be reassessed.
Constant headaches can have an impact on daily function. There are medications that can help speed up the resolution for you.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Michelle Gibson James,