What causes severe menstrual cramps?

Hello, i have severe pains in by abdominal region during my periods. It doesnt feel like the usual piercing period cramps in the lower abdomen. This is quit unbearable and it feels like the inner lining of my abdomen is being scrubed with an iron sponge. Could this be a side effect of drugs i took a few months ago? Because i began to experience it the month after i took the birthcontrol pills.
Fri, 4 Aug 2017
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hello
Birth control pills helps in minimising the menstrual camps. So The reasons of your menstrual cramps in definitely not the birth control pills.
Since you are experiencing excruciating pain during your periods, I would suggest you to see the doctor. Doctor will examine.

However hot pack will certainly help you dealing with pain

Wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks
Dr. Tripat Mehta