What causes severe fatigue?

I am extremely fatigued I come home from work and fall asleep I am too tired to cook and because of food allergies & sensitivity have trouble making dinner. However I am using nutrition drinks to make sure I get at least 1500 calories a day Today I got really tired at work was sweating profusely and got real pale then felt like I would pass out. I drink 1/2 to 1 gallon of water a day and 2 cups of non dairy milk. Also my husband has been sick for 3 years and just got a transplant so I have been under prolonged stress with acute peaks. Why am I so tired.
Fri, 17 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You may be suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome this is charged by

1. Severe chronic fatigue of six months or longer duration with other known medical conditions excluded by clinical diagnosis.

2. Concurrently have four or more of the following symptoms: substantial impairment in short-term memory or concentration; sore throat; tender lymph nodes; muscle pain; multi-joint pain without swelling or redness; headaches of a new type, pattern or severity; unrefreshing sleep; and post-exertional malaise lasting more than 24 hours. Few conditions mimic chronic fatigue syndrome us hypothyroidism, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, major depressive disorder,auto immune disorders etc. You have to drink plenty of water and eat fresh fruit and vegetable. Do regular exercise, avoid caffeinated or carbonated drinks.

If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.

Let me know if I can assist you further.