• question-icon

What causes redness in the tonsils?

My tonsils have been red for a couple of weeks they swell up then go down on and off they feel really heavy even when they are not swollen I now have a white patch next to the back of my tounge on both sides but a thick purple line running down jus before right tonsil but at the back of mouth I ve been having problems with nose ears and sinuses a pressure and discomfort in temples and base of skull and constantly feel tired and sick . I can feel a deep lump between top of sternocloidomastoid and jaw just below the eat on both sides but a couple of weeks ago it felt like something ripped off the Side of my neck on the right and travelled down to my stomach and am now experiencing problems with my hard pallet on the left but bothe sides feel sponge shall I be worried
Wed, 18 Oct 2017
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
start doing warm saline gurgling. can take throat swab for culture and sensitivity. take the recomanded and most effective antibiotic get checked by ent surgeon. so that surgical option may be decided.