What causes persistent hiccups?

hi. last week i had a troat inflamation viral. the dockter proscribed amoxicline. yesterday after my third pil (day before i toke 2) i started to hiccup non stop. today im hiccupping olso and gets harder to stop it. it stopped once after eating a cooky...then after drinking lots of water. but now i olmost can not stop it. i didnt take anymore pills since i new that was the cause for it. IM 36years weighing 88kilo and im 1meter 85. i live a healthy life in foods mostly. what can i do to stop it and when will it stop ? hope u can help. cheers
Mon, 22 Dec 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Many conditions are associated with hiccups, but none has been shown to be the cause of hiccups.
If a person eats too fast, he or she can swallow air along with food and end up with the hiccups.
Any other practices that might irritate the diaphragm such as eating too much (especially fatty foods) or drinking too much (alcohol or carbonated drinks) can make a person prone to having hiccups..emotions, such as stress, fear or excitement can also cause..
There are a number of things you can try yourself initially that may help to stop your hiccups. These include:
sipping ice-cold water
holding your breath for a short period
biting on a lemon
swallowing granulated sugar
tasting vinegar
breathing into a paper bag (never place a bag over your head)
pulling your knees up to your chest
leaning forward to compress your chest
IF EVERYTHING FAILS...
TAKE Chlorpromazine:
Oral: 25 to 50 mg 3 to 4 times a day...you will feel better...regards..