Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
146 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes painful intercourse?

During and after sex I have really intense burning pain. I don t have pain any other time, like when urinating, ect. Should I go in to actually see a gynecologist? It doesn t seem like an infection because it s only during sex but I could be wrong. I do experience vaginal dryness but even with a lubricant it still burns
Wed, 26 Apr 2017
Report Abuse
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi, I think you should go for evaluation by a gynecologist. There can be some cervical pathology or infection which can be found only on examination. You may need some antibiotics also.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have a sexual and my girlfriend have been having sex for about two months. When we first started for about the first month it was...