What causes pain on both sides of the waist upon taking a deep breath?

When I take a deep breath, it hurts on my left and right sides in front on my waistline. It has been 4 days. I thought possibly I needed a bowel movement so I took Delcolax. After bowel movement, nothing changed. The pain is a little worse laying in bed and I wake up a couple of times during the night. It hasn't gotten better or worse in the 4 days. I'm worried that it might be cancer.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The given symptoms of discomfort, or hurting at the waistline could be muscular spasm of nonspecific origin. It might be due to wrong posture in sitting or sleeping. It is not the cancer. You can try any analgesics, if the symptoms persists. Moreover, if this is happening at the time of taking deep breath, then possibly it may be due to functional disorders.

Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you any further.