Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
155 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes pain in the upper right shoulder and chest area?

Hello Dr. Rynne, I ve just experienced a somewhat pain in my upper right shoulder and chest area. I have just started a new exercise routine i.e push-ups, and was wondering if that may have something to do with the pain that I m experienceing? My age is 66 and I m basically in great health via regular check-ups.
Thu, 15 Nov 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

As a first line management, you can take analgesics like paracetamol or aceclofenac for pain relief.

If symptoms persist you can consult an orthopedician and get evaluated.

An MRI scan is required for further assessment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,
General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have upper right chest pain. Kind if Ache with pressure right a little above right breast. Pain radiates down and around right arm Feeling heavy...