What causes pain in the lower abdomen while suffering from IBS?

i have IBS but the past week have been having episodes of lower abdominal cramping and lower back pain and sometimes epigastric twinges.Also occasional mucus in the stool I had a CDSA stool test and it showed Candida as a possible pathogen with a score of 2. Could it be responsible for the symptoms ? and should I be treated for it ?
Tue, 16 Apr 2019

Candida is present in everybody. Sometimes, it can get more and can cause digestive problems.
As you have already done CDSA, I would like to give some treatment:
1. Fluconazole Oral tablet 100 mg once a day for 2 weeks.
2. For pain, dicyclomine.

Do the above treatment and with that, please follow the guidelines:

Eat a variety of healthy foods. Healthy foods include fruits, vegetables, whole-grain bread, low-fat dairy products, beans, lean meats, and fish. You may need to avoid certain foods to decrease your symptoms.
Drink liquids as directed. Ask how much liquid to drink each day and which liquids are best for you. For most people, good liquids to drink are water, juice, and milk.
Exercise regularly. Ask about the best exercise plan for you. Exercise can decrease your blood pressure and improve your health.
Manage stress. Stress may slow healing and cause illness. Learn new ways to relax, such as deep breathing.
Keep a record of everything you eat and drink, and your symptoms, for 3 weeks.

Do the treatment and if the problems persist after 2 weeks, please post another question here in HCM. We have god doctors here who can follow you up and give the next course of treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dipan Samanta, General & Family Physician