Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

134 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes pain in the left underarm while suffering from gynecomastia?

Hi I am a male 54 years of age with good health. I was just diagnosed with Gynecomastia in my left breast, I have had an ultrasound and 3d imaging of both breasts and there is no signs of cancer. I also have a bit of a painful underarm on the left arm. The left breast is also painful to the touch and there is a mass under the nipple. I was also examined by my physician for swelling of lymph nodes and none were found. Blood work was done with nothing out of the ordinary. My concern is the under arm pain which seems to me increasing.
Mon, 10 Sep 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It can be a referred pain from the breast only. You can go for an ultrasound scan. As of now take analgesics like Aceclofenac or Acetaminophen for pain relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have recently been diagnosed with benign gynecomastia. I have been a heavy drinker for about a decade and been using otc antacids, which have been postulated as the cause. However, I insist that the breast growth, which is predominantly on the left side, occurred over the course of one or two weeks. I had severe pain at the time and also a swollen lymph node in my left arm pit that may have been merely coincidental. My doctor says that I should wait for it to regress or consider surgery for cosmetic purposes. Will this issue resolve on its own, and why would this happen so suddenly? My hormone levels are within normal range, and it has been 3 months since it occurred with only slight improvement.

doctor1 MD

What are the treatments available for gynecomastia in Maharashtra? Dear Sir, I am suffering from the gynecomastia. I am 24 years male. I am suffering from last 4 years. I had did lot of exercises such as push -ups, running, yoga etc. to reduce my chest fat but it didn t help me. Due to the chest exercise my chest has been developed more. I had also referred to a well known Chest Physician and also referred to a Endocrinologist they were said me for a certain Harmone and thyroid tests such as hemoglobin, CORTISOL , TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL THYROSINE, TOTAL TRIODOTHYRONINE, TOTAL SIMULATIN HORMONE, FSH, LH, PROLACTINE, ESTRADIOL (E2) etc. I have also done my sonography test USG- BREASTS AND USG - SCROTUM. and I have also did my chest x-ray. The all aforesaid tests are normal. Endocrinologists suggested me for a Liposuction Surgery from plastic surgeon. Its embarrassing me because my chest size is continuous developing (Not Even Fat but the chest bones also). I would like to know that, Is there any other treatment available for gynecomastia? Is there any test like hormone test or other is left? What should I do? and How effective and safer treatment is Plastic surgery for Gynecomastia?

doctor1 MD

HI, I am 26 year old and suffering with gynecomastia. OI have already checked doctor and he told me that we have to do surgery. I am ready for that but have too much of fear that surgery should not create any other problem like pain, blooding and cancer. Please help me. If possible please give me some good doctor address or name in Pune, India. Thanks in Advance.