What causes pain in the hips on the right side?

I m having pain in my right hip area. It s an aching pain near where my thigh and panty line would be. I m not sure if it might be near where my ovary would be or if it might be joint related. I completed menopause very early. (47). I get annual Pap smears and physicals. I ve scheduled my pap but I can t see the Dr until 6 weeks. It s a rainy day here and I ve had some pain in the area. I m not sure if it s gyn or arthritis . Silly, but I m a little worried.
Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It may be pyriformis syndrome in which moving of the leg out and away from the body may cause pain. Other possibilities like arthritis or snapping hip or stress fracture of femoral neck etc.
Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Use muscle relaxant s, limb elevation. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.