What causes pain in the hips on the left side?

I have pain in my left hip that makes it difficult for me to raise my leg to go up steps or raise to put my leg into pants. Also, have lower back pain when standing for any length of time. It does not seem to be in a joint but in my behind, not like a bruise but deeper. I have had bursitis before but it was in my right hip in a different place. What could this be? It has been going on for quite some time now, maybe a couple of months.
Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I have read your description and in my opinion you are suffering from (L) sacroiliitis inflammation of the joint between pelvis and spine.
I suggest pain killers , muscle relaxants and spinal extension exercises. If no relief in 10 days then Local injection of steroid may be required.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.