What causes pain in the buttocks on the left side?

I have middle buttock ache to below the buttock only on the left side. Now when I sit on a hard surface I feel slight pain. I ve been diagnosed with S.I. joint issues and I.T. Band strains. No pain when walking or running and no pain when I sleep. I only have some pain when I sit on a hard surface. The pain is located on the tail bone area and moves slightly to the right back side.
Wed, 11 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

At this area it may indicate several issues and most common are pilonidal cyst or perianal abscesses. These are inflammatory processes in sacral and perianal area usually manifested with pain, redness, swelling, fever and pus discharge. Cellulitis is less common and may be present in sacral area as well. This is mostly caused by beta hemolytic streptoccocus and it necessitates antibiotic treatment with Augmentin, or combination of Ciprinol+ Metronidazole. You should also, apply cold compresses, take nonsteroid painkillers such as Ibuprofen and rest. If there is no improvement within 2 days, you should see doctor and have intravenous antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.