What causes pain in arm?

I m 18 years old and play women s volleyball for college I am currently experiencing pain in my serving/ spiking arm. But not actually shoulder pain. My pain radiates down the bicep and the front portion of my shoulder my question is will a cortisone shot help with the pain and can I continue to play and ice area.
Tue, 23 Sep 2014
Hi,Welcome to healthcare magic.After going through your query in my opinion it is muscular pain . Rest and analgesics(diclofenac/ ibuprofen) is its treatment. Your question is will a cortisone shot help with the pain and can you continue to play and ice area. I think a cortisone shot help with the pain but you should not continue to play because after cortisone you can rupture your muscle,however you can ice the area.Eat milk, fruits and green leafy vegetables daily. Consulting with treating doctor is advised. I think your query answered.