What causes pain and numbness in the hands and feet?

Hi, I have been having different symptoms that I would like to know the cause. Regularly feeling pain and/ numbness on my hands and feet (both when moving or when quiet, even when I wake up), sometimes even feeling reduced strenght on my hands, mainly the right one. I have been checked for reumathic issues and aparently they didn t detect anything. I have a prolapse in my C5-C6 but the fisotherapist says that these symptoms don t come from this. Appart from that I have also been feeling some accute pain on my ears some in a while and some kind of vertigo - I have kids and I feel this for instance when I try to jump on a trampoline or try to spin around (as soon as I start to do this I have the feeling that I will fall, feeling really dizzy. I have an appointment scheduled with an othorrino but it s taking really long.... Could you please give me your opinion? Thank you so much in advance. Best regards, Carla
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* As per my clinical experience, the pain and numbness in hands and feet indicate possible neurologic reason from various issues as B12, folate, zinc deficiency or others. I would like to work up the case with precise history, physical examination and relevant investigations work up to find out the cause and cure it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.