What causes overactive bowel movements?

I have recently noticed that I am loosing control of my bowels - I do not even know I need to go and suddenly I feel my bowels releasing with no time to go to the restroom This has started happening more and more I had a colonoscopy today but did not mention this to dr - this was just routine since I am 59 and have. Never had one. Any idea what would cause this? 2 polyps were removed for biopsy but told that was common. Just trying to find answers and feeling guilty I did not mention to dry
Thu, 23 Feb 2017
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
it can be due to loss of control of nerve supply. may be pivd lumbosacral spine. take MRI and consult neurosurgeon.