What causes oral thrush?

i may have oral thrush....went to dr and said possible...they took bloodand i have oral rinse. Why would i have this?i dont smoke or drink or have diabeties, and only sex was a bj once for less than a mn and there was only a drop of pre cum and i rinsed with mouthwash after...do i have hiv/aids (this was 1-4 years age)? please help...why would i have this
Fri, 24 Jul 2015
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Oral thrush is an opportunistic infection caused by Candida albicans fungi. This happens in immuno compromised individuals hence the suspicion of HIV/AIDS. There are other causes also which can lead to immunocompromised state like certain medications, cancer, genetic disorders like severe combined immuno deficiency. Another info sexual transmission is not the only route of HIV infection. So please visit your physician so that further tests and examinations can be done to ascertain the diagnosis.