What causes nausea, loss of appetite and fatigue in an 80-year-old?

My 80 year old mother is not feeling well. She began with nausea and loss of appetite. She is very weak and fatigued. She has had a stomach x-ray and ct scan, both negative. Blood work seems fine. She also seems to have lost interest in everyday things and has no desire to eat. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Based on the symptoms you have described, it appears that your mother could be having problems pertaining to liver. Kindly get an ultrasound scan of abdomen done along with blood evaluation for liver function (Liver function test). Kindly consult Physician with the report for clinical evaluation and appropriate management.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.