What causes nausea and vomiting along with dry heaving?

Hello, I am a 63 year old male, 5 10 , 190 pounds. I occasionally have unexplainable periods of nausea. It is preceded by a feeling of a kind of lump in my gut. I am currently experiencing just such an episode. I started vomiting late Sunday morning, continued throughout the day into the night. As of 8PM Monday night I still sometimes feel like wretching, although there is certainly nothing left to expel. I ve been able to drink some water today without losing it, certainly haven t felt like eating anything. My wife seems to think it s all stress related, and there appears to be some correlation. However, I have had these symptoms at a couple of times when there was no obvious street inducing component. Ideas/comments?
Fri, 1 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The current explanation of symptoms indicate possible intestine infection with some sort of allergy giving dry heaving.

I recommend
- dietary measures to avoid spices, oily.
- anti emetic, anti histamine and antacid prescription with the PCP.

Hope you get well soon.

Regards.