What causes intermittent sharp pain in the upper thigh?

A few weeks ago I started getting a sharp pain (7) in my right upper thigh occasionally. The pain would come on if I was sitting or standing or walking, there didn t seem to be anything in particular that would cause the very sharp pain. Now it s developed into a constant pain of much less pain level (3). This is not related to any injury that I m aware of or a muscle strain. I can push on the area but not able to cause the pain to increase.
Mon, 19 Dec 2016
Hi welcome to the health care magic

You are having right upper thigh pain...

Hence here physical examination and neurological examination needs to be done first

It could be neuropathy induced pain or might be vascular problem leading pain...

Spinal problem like Spondylosis also can lead such pain by secondary nerve affection

According to cause specific treatment given

If needed MRI or colour doppler like investigation done for further work up

Consult physician for examination