What causes frequent acid reflux and pain under the ribcage?

I have frequent heart burn and an uncomfortable ache most of the time under my right ribcage. I have had an mri, ultrasound, gall bladder tests, an endoscopy, and an exray. All tests came back ok. Looking for any possible reason why I am still having these symptoms. I have had this problem for about two years. condition worsens when sitting for long periods or I after eating a bigger meal. Exercise and work does not bother me, and as long as I am standing or walking or in upright position I seem to be fine.
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per the clinical experience, the issue behind the pain under the rib cage is related to acid reflux and underlying stress. The issue requires correlation of supportive tests and dietary measures, life style modifications for best results.

Thank you.
General & Family Physician Dr. Akhtarhusain's  Response
Hell
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice
The only possible cause of your symptoms are acid peptic disease. If all the test turned negative then sometime typical diet may be the cause of heart burning, abdominal pain and discomfort. So first thing is to try to change the diet. And in medicine you can try Omeprazole once in day and it has to be taken for a long time. But changing the diet will help you a lot, avoid taking spicy food, heavy meal, high calorie diet and drink more water
Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you any further.