What causes fatigue and shortness of breath?

I seem to be always tired. A little over weight by 40 lbs, short of breath when I work to long outside. I am 65 and was told by my heart doctor that I m not 45 or 55 anymore. Heart is good, had all test. Thank you anyway but I see my regular doctor in June.
Sat, 30 Jun 2018
Hi , welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
There can be so many reason fro this other then heart ,
these include, low HB, metabolic causes like thyroid ,lung problem, kidney problem, depression, obstructive sleep apnea , stress ,so these would need a detailed evaluation , i would advise you should see an internalist who would assess you in detail and would dig out the cause.
Hopes i have answered your question .I would be happy to answer any further question if you have.

kind Regards n
Dr Raha