What causes excessive salivation?

I have sudden outbursts of excessive saliva, on average, once a month. The only relief I have it to stand over a receptacle with my mouth open and down, allowing the saliva to drain until it stops. It normally lasts approximately 5 to 6 minutes from onset to completion. If I swallow the saliva, as opposed to letting it drain, I become sick to the stomach.
Mon, 27 Aug 2018

Causes of excessive salivation is commonly acid reflux lead to erosion in mouth lead to salivation.other possible causes like oral ulcers or inflammation. Jaw fracture or poor oral hygiene,nasal polyps or sinusitis etc. Avoid spicy food and alcohol avoid smoking. Use tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast for one week. Avoid cool'drinks and freeze water if you have allergic sinusitis. Please consult your gastroentrologist he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.