What causes diarrhea after having food?

I am getting violently sick after eating meals. The diarrhea is horrific I haven t made it home in time many times recently. I have found what I think is an undissolved Metformin ER pill in the feces. Years ago I had to go off of regular Metformin for the same reason. Now it s occurring again. I ve stopped taking my Metformin ER (2 500 mg. tablets, twice a day) today. I ve been a diabetic for 14 years. I also take Glyburide and Farxiga. I am calling my diabetes doc in the a.m.
Fri, 22 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to a side effect of metformine.
Some advices that I can give to you are :
-take over the counter option like Imodium
-take probiotic supplements
-drink liquids
-consult your doctor about an alternative medication for diabetes

I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.