What causes cough, wheezing and chest congestion?

For the Last 2 Years I have Been seeing mutable Doctors for this Coughing and wheezing and chest Congestion , I have Taken Antibiotics Steroids all Kinds of different inhalants Plus Albuterol. I Was Told at First it was Asthma and Bronchitis Now I am Told it is Stomach Acid Causing the Bronchial Tubes to swell and Produce Mucus. Every New Drug That I Try seems to Knock it for a Few Weeks Then I have it Right Back Again with Vengeance. I asked For a CT Scan and have been Denied Because my Medicaid will not Pay for it. I am Kind of Scared That Maybe I have Lung Cancer or something along those Lines, I feel like I have Ran Out of Options What Would You as a Doctor suggest I do Next ? Thank You
Sat, 12 Jan 2019
Pulmonologist 's  Response

For finding the exact cause you should do a chest CT after a bronchoscopy test. Please discuss with your doctor.

Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Jnikolla,
Pulmonologist