What causes brown vaginal bleeding?

Hi, I’d like to know something. I didn’t get my period last month but this month I’m having bleeding and the blood is brown at times. There’s no cramps or breast enlargement. I know I’m not pregnant, what could this be? Last period was September 6th.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Nov 2017
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

I understand your concern. Some reasons that cause brown discharge are:

1) It may happen right after periods and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown.
2) This may occur when you are ovulating/mid-cycle.
3) Sometimes early in pregnancy you may have spotting or a brownish discharge at the time your period would normally come.

Hope my answer was helpful. If you have any other question Ill be glad to help.

Thank you for the query.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician