What causes blisters on the fingers followed by itchy red rashes on the body?

I started with clear fluid blisters on my hands thumb then spreadind to my fingers went to a dermotoligist and they checked for scabies no scabies they said i had dry skin. Gave me some cream witch had no effect . Then began getting a red rash on my ankles, legs. Top of my butt, stomach, back side of my shoulders, and arms. It would itch so bad that it seemed that it would only help if the skin was scratched to the bone. Went back to the dermo and they gave me a tub of cream itch became tolerable. (the red spots looked like flea bites no fleas) interesting if i had a spot on one sode of my body wherever there would be a matching one on the other side. I still have red spots but they are subsiding. However i have itchy scaly spots on my ankles and lower leg. (this all was accompanied with a horrible runny nose and congested lungs was checked for flu and it wasn t also xrayed to see if my lungs were clear and they were. Now my thumb has coarse reptilian skin where the blisters were. I can t see how dry skin could be causing this . Is it posssible something system ik could be the culper?? Dan
Thu, 14 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your case history you are having id eruption. My treatment advice is-
1. Don't scratch the lesion as it may worsen the condition.
2. Apply a mild topical steroid cream like Mometasone cream on the lesions.
3. Take an antihistamine medication like Levocetirizine.
4. Other treatment options are oral antibiotics, oral steroid taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Thanks.