What causes an infected surgical wound?

Hi, i had an eptopic pregnancy back in 1983, because it was an emergency op they cut me straight across, just recently the scar is red wet and smelly, what could this be please, and what can i do to stop this please.my email address is YYYY@YYYY .
Tue, 27 Feb 2018
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.

This is obviously an infection and wound should be opened and drained and antibiotics are required so you should see doctor for it.
I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.