What causes abdominal bloating and back pain while on Spironolactone?

I am taking spironolactone for about 8 days. Since I started my stomach has been getting bigger. I am really bloated to the point that my back has started hurting. I have the normal side effects of nausea and leg cramps etc but the bloating was not listed. Is that also a side effect and how severe is it.
Thu, 3 Jan 2019

It is due to gastritis.

As first-line management, you can take antacids like Omeprazole or Pantoprazole for symptomatic relief.

If symptoms persist better to consult a gastroenterologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,