What causes a painful lump behind the ear?

Hi, I found a lump on my neck 6 months ago and went to the doctor he said it was a swollen lymph node so he gave a antibiotic that I was to take for 5 day. After the medication the lump is still there and has not gone down. Now, 3 days ago i found another lump but this time behind my ear and it is painful. Sometimes it sends a shock of pain to my head and I don t know what it could be.
Wed, 17 Sep 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello, thanks for your query, I assume both are lymphnode enlargements secondary to some infection in head and neck. any way, do fine needle aspiration cytology study to know the cause and visit an ent surgeon for detailed Ent examination . hope I have answered your query. all the best. take care.