What causes a lump on the gum?

A bulge on my gum; it isn t pain. when I squeezed, it has a little white substances comes out and with tiny blood. It has located at the tooth which I had done root canal seven years ago. I don t know what caused this bulge and how to get ride of it ?
Mon, 5 Jun 2017
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Well the lump on the gum which is a root canal treated and on squeezing, it released pus and blood then it can be most probably a long-term (chronic) tooth abscess due to secondary infection in your tooth. It can also be a gum abscess if the tooth is not infected. So for confirmation get an X-ray of the tooth done.
If there is infection below the root tips of the tooth then, first of all, a course of antibiotics can be given to see if it resolve the infection. But, if it does not improve then root canal treatment can be redone.

If it is just gum Infection then localized cleaning of gum and application of antiseptic ointment can help.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Honey Arora