What causes a concave chest?

My 15 yr old son has a concave chest that appears to be getting deeper. It first was noticed when he was about 10 yrs old. I am looking for information on treatment, Doctors to contact etc. in the Phoenix Az area. As well and any knowledge you may have on the subject.
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

By your history and description, possibility of funnel shaped chest is more likely in your son's case. It is commonly seen calcium and vitamin D3 deficiency. So in my opinion, you should definitely get done calcium and vitamin D3 levels. He will need supplements of calcium and vitamin d 3. Give him milk, milk products, eggs etc. Don't worry, he will be alright with all these.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.