What can cause sudden intermittent weakness of the legs ?

I have sudden intermittent weakness in both my legs at the same time. I have a need to sit for fear that my legs will give out. I have never remained standing to see if that would be the outcome. This does not last very long however but it is occuring more often as of late. Any help you could give me with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, codcares My age was in question. I am 60 years young. Maybe this will be an added help.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
shortage of blood to the legs. it happens if you are in a position here blood flow to the legs is interrupted. if you finally get up to walk, your legs might give way. happens to me too.