What can I do to treat epileptic seizures?

Good afternoon my name is Kim I am 56,years old I started having seizures when I was 17. I had just my first son. (I know not something I had really planned) he was about six months old when my seizures started. I did get married when I got pregnant. Anyway I had my first seizure while I was asleep. That is real!y the only way I knew I had had a seizure.He told me to go in the bathroom and look at my tongue was all chewed up and the inside of my cheeks were chewed up too. What .can I Do?kxk
Tue, 4 Sep 2018
Neurologist 's  Response

I am afraid you have to provide more information. You are now 56 and the seizures have started at 17, meaning 39 years ago. It is not clear what have you done in this time.

Have you had any tests such as EEG and MRI? Are you now or have you taken any treatment in the past, if yes which ones, dosages and efficacy?

What is the frequency of your seizures, do they happen only during sleep, has anyone seen you and described what happens during a seizure?

This is all vital information to determine seizure type, possible causes and best treatment.

There are many types of antiepileptic medication out there, we do not choose blindly from them but based on the above information.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Neurologist, Surgical Dr. Erion Spaho's  Response

You should get diagnosed first.

Getting evaluated by your Neurologist, by tests such EEG (overnight video EEG too), brain MRI, are necessary to get a correct diagnosis.

If seizures are confirmed after such evaluation, treatment with antiepileptic drugs according to seizures type should be started.