Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

198 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What can I do to improve feet numbness ?

Feet numbness - Only when I've had them up or after getting out of bed. I ve been diagnosed as pre-diabetic In the mornings it feels like I m walking on fake feet or walking on balloons. However, later when I m moving around this goes away. Why ? and What can I do to improve this situation ? Thanks to everyone who responds.
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

This is due to the disturbance in your blood circulation. It is mainly due to the pressure on the blood vessels and as a result the circulation would be impaired and hence such sensations you would be feeling.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have a numb feeling in my feet especially when waking up in the morning. It seems to improve during the day when I am up and about. I had coronary bypass surgery four years ago. My GP suspects I may be heading for diabetes but wants to another test in two months time. I am a 67 year old man. Any suggestions?

doctor1 MD

I am a 16 year old female. I have been having been losing the feeling in my feet often ever since i was rammed into by a girl in basketball, i was knocked over and hit the ground pretty hard. When i sit down for a couple of minutes,or when i run and even sometimes when i m just standing or walking my feet and even my ankles go numb or get pins and needles. This happened about 3 weeks ago. Why is this happening? Is it connected to when i was knocked over or is just a coincidence?

doctor1 MD

My six year old has been complaining that her feet fall asleep on a very frequent basis. This has been happening for several months now and I have noted that it isn t always when she has been siting for very long. I m wondering if I should be concerned about it?