What are the treatments for Tendinitis of the Foot?

Hello, I was in a minor traffic accident earlier today. Since then the top of my foot has gone from mild irritation to moderate pain. Maybe from slamming my foot on the brakes? I ve self-diagnosed as extensor tendinitis. is there anything I should be doing other than rest, ice, and anti-inflammatory?
Mon, 23 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Tendinitis managed initially with analgesics and bred rest. Most of the cases resolve with this conservative line of management. If the symptoms persist even after this we have to go for next line of management which is steroid injections which shows promising results in resistant cases. Consult an orthopedic and he will direct you accordingly.

Thanks.