What are the treatment options for an aching calf muscle?

Hello, I have recently been on a long flight and now I have a dull ache in the calf muscle. I have been walking all day and been drinking a lot of water, the pain is still there. I currently have it elevated, which isn’t helping the pain but is helping the swelling. Please can you recommend what I should do.
Tue, 24 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

-Apply an ice pack in 20-minute intervals may also help.
-Take OTC medications: Calf pain can also be soothed from taking common pain relievers such as ibuprofen or naproxen.
-Light stretching can help ease calf pain. After the symptoms subside slightly, you should stretch your calf muscles.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.