What are the symptoms of heat stroke in kids?

Hi My 21 month old has just woken up crying. We ve picked her up to realised she s very warm (she was sleeping in long sleeved vest and fluffy sleepsuit). Stripped her off and she threw up which is her pattern when she gets too hot. Taken her temp - 38.2 . top half of her body normal coloured but legs, especially calves ankles very red, ankles and feet almost dark red. They seem to be fading now whilst she lays on my husband in a horizontal position. She s had a few sips of water and is now laying quietly crying / moaning a bit. She s just asked for her toothbrush so I guess she s cooling down..... just overheated?
Wed, 30 Jan 2019
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

I feel that it is a viral illness and at the same time, this type of differential coloration of the limbs could be because of the differential blood supply in the limbs during a high fever.

I suggest that you give her Ibuprofen and Tylenol alternately and if the is getting better you can stay put.

But if she is having low urine output poor oral intake or respiratory distress or dull and lethargic then she will require medical attention.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician, Pulmonology