What are the side effects of zentel syrup 5 ml in a child?

Hi .. after prescribed of docter i have given 5ml zentel syrup to my son 1 year old baby,after 4-5 hours he started vomiting .. I don t know what to do .. after that I have given vomiting control syrup.. pls suggest me what shall I do now.. wether I did wrong or right.
Thu, 30 Apr 2015
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Thanks for using HCM.
Zentel contains albendazole.
It is used to treat worm infestation.
Some of the common side effects are abdominal pain and vomiting.
If your baby is vomiting persistently, he is prone for dehydration.
So in case of persistent vomiting, take him to doctor immediately.
If the vomiting has stopped, there is no need to worry. You can give him enough fluids to keep him well hydrated.
I hope that answers your query.
Regards.