Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What are the consequences of accidental intake of toilet cleaner ?

my son accidently ingested a mixture of toilet bowl cleaner with bleach, soft scrub with bleach and windex yesterday afternoon. he took in approximately 1/2 cup. he threw up several times and felt nauseaus and dizzy. i called the poison control center and followed their instructions to have him start drinking small amounts of water starting 15 minutes after the last time he threw up. He seemed to be feeling better last night. He woke up this morning and says he feels dizzy and sick to his stomach again. could this still be a problem with the bleach or something else entirely?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  683
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Thanks for ure query
Accidental intake of toilet cleaner must have disturbed his normal flora of stomach and caused gastritis u can give him probiotic sachet in a glass of water or milk ,acid lowering medicine like tablet nexum, domperidone syrup or tablet for gastic emptying and avoid fatty diet for a few days and give him food that digests quickly like rice hopefully he would be better in a few days if he has blood in vomit or black coloured stool then take him to ure physician for complete check up
Answered: Wed, 6 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor