Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Under eye hit by cricket ball. Have stitches on face, unable to chew, severe pain. Remedy?

I was hit by a cricket ball under my left eye during practice. I felt that I had lost all of my upper let teeth .Now I have been treated for the injury and doctor has put almost 30 stitches(sutures) on the face under the eye.The teeth are all intact but the problem is I am still unable to chew even mildly hard substances while eating.Whenever I do chew, I feel a lot of pain emanate from the teeth.How to tackle this?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

You need noncontrast CT Scan of your face to rule out bony injury of face and eye balls.
Since you was hit hard, fracture needs to be excluded.
You need proper examination of your eyes by ophthalmologist.
You also need to be evaluated by dentist.
You can take analgesics for pain relief.
Further treatment depends upon the findings.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhsuhan
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor